• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Which color is pure black? Magnetite or Obsidian?

Guest Cal

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest nightfly

Obsidian (code 197) and magnetite (code 183) are both metallic blacks. The latter is lighter and obsidian would be as close to pure black as you can get with metallic painted W204s here. To me pure black would be non metallic black (code 040).

You can find the colour codes and samples at the back of the model catalogue booklet which you can ask your SE for.

Obsidian (code 197) and magnetite (code 183) are both metallic blacks. The latter is lighter and obsidian would be as close to pure black as you can get with metallic painted W204s here. To me pure black would be non metallic black (code 040).

You can find the colour codes and samples at the back of the model catalogue booklet which you can ask your SE for.

Till now, i don't know what exactly my car color code is... my SE told me mine is Ash Black.. sometime looks like grey under sunlight and sometime looks like black during the evening/night... :huh:

Mine is a Magnetite Black. In plain words, Magnet color! haha. Loving it.

You can go to C&C. Got color swatches for you. Last time I tried super hard to find at showroom. SE told me people never put it back to original rack. haha.

IMG_0399-Edited.jpg

Guest Wishbone

Till now, i don't know what exactly my car color code is... my SE told me mine is Ash Black.. sometime looks like grey under sunlight and sometime looks like black during the evening/night... :huh:

ash black should be magnetite black (code 9183). was told that the colour is special because it look black at night and metallic ash black in bright sunlight. I actually chose magnetite black with cappucino initially, but the colour did not come with command online, so chose obsidian black instead

At the driver's door' date=' when you open, by the side they have this sticker which will indicate the colour code of your ride[/quote']

I see! Thanks, will check it out.

Thanks bro wishbone for your advise too!

Thank you all for the feedback. And esp to Nala for the photo. Mine is magnetite black. Just want to confirm my order is correct. Cos I remember I chosen a color that is lighter than pure black. :)

Btw, my SE told me car should be in Sing late Mar as mine is Feb production.. Can't wait. :woohoo: