• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How much is your regular car servicing costs?

Guest Topline

Guest Topline

Hi

I'm a newbie to MB. Currently driving a Jap car and thinking of upgrading to a C180/ 200 or Audi A4. Will probably look to the second hand market to bring down the depreciation costs. What I'm interested in is the servicing costs of a C180/ 200. I was told conti cars' servicing will be more than Jap cars. A BMW-owning acquaintance told me his servicing is around $1000.

What's the damage roughly like from your experience?

Guest bbwannabe

Hello~

You will receive two type of response.

A) The exorbitant servicing charge (last servicing was about $600++) by Cycle & Carriage. People usually do this to keep their warranty or to perform very very complicated repairs (although I believe company like MBM can do it anyway). I am currently on this route. Will be doing this until the warranty is out.

B) Only slightly more expensive than the cost for Jpn cars. That is if you know where to go OR is able to source the parts yourself and use them for maintenance.

Servicing is a very generic term ... does it involve changing out of parts or detailed diagnosis or just simple engine oil change .. etc It might not be a fair reflection to compare based on this ...

Just for info, i service my E200 on a yearly basis and the cost is only about $300 or less inc engine oil and the needful outside C&C. No major replacement. I think that is lower than my Honda when I send to AD !

But that does not mean it will be the same across board .. depends on your ride, the condition and maybe wear and tear ...

What do you think is a reasonable amount you are prepared to spend on servicing/maintenance annually ?

Guest wobbles

I agree with the 2 very well thought out replies. Previously, with my W203 & later W211 both from C&C, I only worried about the labour costs - and that usually came up to perhaps a couple of hundred of dollars each visit (for the scheduled servicing/maintenance). Anything else, I would claim from warranty.

But, the next time I get a car, I'll get from PI, and will have to source out reliable service centres.

Guest pongster

Current ride '04 W203, regular servicing (10k mileage or every 4months) at MBM est S$200-$300 including 6L engine oil + oil filter. If you need new spark-plugs, air-filter, new parts, etc... then it surely cost more. A 1-3 yr old merc should give you no problem... waiting for u to join the sgmerc family :welcome:

Guest kennethloh82

wow.. didnt know the usual servicing is so expensive.

I just did my servicing and was quoted like 400 bucks for my usual 1st 10,000km servive.

My SE still tell me that is a normal amount you would be paying for a japanese car.

Cant imagine the next few serviving. :(

Btw, on another note, if i were to do the servicing outside (not C&C), would my warrenty be void for the car?

if yr car still under warranty, suggest to stick to C&C. once out of warranty period, then you might want to service outside.

$400 for servicing is normal for a conti .. like i said, i remembered my Honda was thereafter at Kah Motors too.

if you maintain your car well with regular servicing and TLC, $400 annually is cheap don't you think so ?

Guest kennethloh82

Thanks bro

oh.. definately... nevertheless.. don't we need to service our car evey 10,000 km? So shouldnt it work out to 4 mths = 10,000km, 1 year = $1,200

Correct me if im wrong.. :)

yes - recommended interval is 10,000km or 12 months ... some pple i know go every 5,000 interval.

i'm sorry if i made it so simple but if I average about 12000-13000km, I will still keep to yearly affair - but that's just me. because i dun goto AD for servicing and I use an extended life engine oil recommended by my workshop, i can go upto 15,000km interval.

wow, din know u do almost 40,000km a year ? if that's the case, then unfortunately yes it would seem that way ... wat's the warranty like ? 60,000km or 3 years whichever comes first ? well, if that's the case, you'll be out of warranty period in 1.5 years and can goto outside then ...

Guest kepiting1sg

hmmm.... from what i know, 20,000km is the yearly avg for Singaporeans.

Unker not the avg S'poreans - I put in less than 10,000 km a year....not bad considering I drive it on most weekends only.....hehehehe!

Unker not the avg S'poreans - I put in less than 10,000 km a year....not bad considering I drive it on most weekends only.....hehehehe!

haha. i opposite from unker, in 17 mths, put 62,000km already, go for servicing average 3-4 mths once. if just normal servicing, yes. $400+ should settle.

4th service(40,000km++): when need to change tires together with servicing( mine was $400+ $1100 - 3x P Zero Rosso).

5th service(50, 000km++): On top of that, last servicing, the rear brake pads were changed, together with servicing = $400+ $400(brake pads).

looking to external servcing once 100, 000 km warranty is up.

mine is a w211 FL e200. I assume I'm one of the high mileage peeps around here, but we never know..

and i believe AD servicing similiar for everyone yeah? but knowing that some of you service once a year, thats like super worth it for owning a merc.

haha. i opposite from unker, in 17 mths, put 62,000km already, go for servicing average 3-4 mths once. if just normal servicing, yes. $400+ should settle.

4th service(40,000km++): when need to change tires together with servicing( mine was $400+ $1100 - 3x P Zero Rosso).

5th service(50, 000km++): On top of that, last servicing, the rear brake pads were changed, together with servicing = $400+ $400(brake pads).

looking to external servcing once 100, 000 km warranty is up.

mine is a w211 FL e200. I assume I'm one of the high mileage peeps around here, but we never know..

and i believe AD servicing similiar for everyone yeah? but knowing that some of you service once a year, thats like super worth it for owning a merc.

i believe you and gerald will have a close fight for the highest mileage clockers here..

and i'm gonna come in a close 3rd place...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Mine clocking in for my first servicing at 10K (now 9k). Which service center would you recommend. I am fine going anyone as long as there are good people taking care of our rides. cheers! :pray:

My ride: C180 (W204, 6 months old)

Just did my 1st servicing (15000km, 1/2 year) at C&C this morning and cost me $240 excluding engine oil. I thought was quite reasonable. Labour cost $140 which include the engine flush. Parts cost $100 which include oil filter, windshield washer, fuel additives n engine flush oil. On my previous jap ride, a similar servicing excluding engine flush and fuel additives (not included in the package) cost $150.

Guest Clear Vision

1) You mean you bring your own oil to C&C and they allowed that?

Mobile 1 ???? No warranty issue when bring own oil?

2) Sorry but what you mean by fuel additives? Some thing they add to the fuel tank? I know and understand what is fuel additives or are you saying Engine oil Additives instead?

Thks

1. Prior to the servicing, I checked with the tech advisor and he said ok so long conform to the MB approval ratings. I brought in 5L of Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200.

2. Tech advisor mentioned briefly it was added to the fuel tank, didn't catch what's the purpose.

• 1 year later...
Guest kepiting1sg

jery8484 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I new to this family. Can anyone advise where to go for alternative servicing for reliable service? How much diff. from C&C? Thanks. :becky:

Welcome to the family Jery! :welcome:

Hope you enjoy your stay here and can join us in our monthly GTG.

This is held on the last Sun of each month (this mth will be 31st Oct)

@ Kallang Stadium Car Park F from 4.30 onwards.

Normal servicing at C&C should be around $300+ for C & E Class.

Outside like MBM (site commercial sponsor workshop) IIRC is about $200+

Hope this helps!

Guest snappy

For me, I service at my regular workshop at Marsiling Rd. Normally I'll bring my own engine oil(Amsoil), and they provide the labour, oil filter etc.

Quite reasonable, honest and reliable. Takes me less than an hour each time.

My previous ride (civic FD2) was serviced at Kah Motor before. Regular servicing about $200+, and the most expensive one was $850++... Reason was during warranty period I tried complaining about problems on the ride. In the end they charge all to my expense for wear and tear. Lesson learnt, dun anyhow complain...

snappy wrote:

For me, I service at my regular workshop at Marsiling Rd. Normally I'll bring my own engine oil(Amsoil), and they provide the labour, oil filter etc.

Quite reasonable, honest and reliable. Takes me less than an hour each time.

My previous ride (civic FD2) was serviced at Kah Motor before. Regular servicing about $200+, and the most expensive one was $850++... Reason was during warranty period I tried complaining about problems on the ride. In the end they charge all to my expense for wear and tear. Lesson learnt, dun anyhow complain...

Hi

New to this forum

Yes, agreed that Kah Motor servicing during warranty period is super expensive .. for my case ($300+ 10k servicing) / ($600+ 20k servicing) / ($700+ 30k servicing .. replace battery and front brake pad only) / ($700+ 40k servicing)

Collect my new C180 CGI this Friday. Hope I can servive the next 3 years servicing at MB.

Hope to join ALL at the monthly gathering.

:music:

Guest vt5sport

soka wrote:

Hi

New to this forum

Yes, agreed that Kah Motor servicing during warranty period is super expensive .. for my case ($300+ 10k servicing) / ($600+ 20k servicing) / ($700+ 30k servicing .. replace battery and front brake pad only) / ($700+ 40k servicing)

Collect my new C180 CGI this Friday. Hope I can servive the next 3 years servicing at MB.

Hope to join ALL at the monthly gathering.

:music:

No worries coz got heaps of service credits to live on wat. :bounce: